Trails of History and Wine: Ancient Akrotiri and Santorini Wineries Tour
Uncover the myths & legends of Santorini on a guided tour of the Akrotiri Excavations, a prehistoric Bronze Age city, frozen in time by ash that fell during the Minoan volcanic eruption 3,600 years ago. Some speculate that this is the origin of Atlantis, a mythical city, lost in time.
Ruins, frescoes and fascinating ceramic artifacts are just a few of the finds that add even more intrigue to the site as you wonder around.
Continue your discovery, visit 3 traditional island wineries and enjoy cellar tours to see how the wine making process unfolds, from grape to glass.|
Learn about Santorini’s unique viticulture traditions at the unforgiving island conditions & taste a selection of 12 different wine styles such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and the sublimely sweet Vinsanto wine.
• 6-hour in-depth history and wine tour led by a Greek archaeologist and an expertise sommelier.
• Discover the Greek marvel of Akrotiri, lost for centuries underneath Santorini's volcanic ash.
• Hear the fascinating history of Akrotiri by a professional guide, uncovering the links
between Plato's "Atlantis" and the ash-covered prehistoric town of Akrotiri.
• Wine tour of 3 traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque countryside.
• Try up to 12 varietals of Santorini wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
• Enjoy samples of local cheese and olives to eat alongside wine-tastings.
• Admire the charming landscape filled with scenic villages and rolling hills.
• Small groups with a maximum of 8 ensure personalized attention & intimate experience.
Additional Information: Price 150€
Departs daily at at 09:15 am approx.
from April 1st to November 10.
What is Included:
- Pickup & drop-off at your Santorini Hotel or Fira town (Cruise port)
- English speaking, archaeologist and wine expert guide.
- Guided tour of the Akrotiri excavations and three Santorini wineries.
- Wine tasting of 12 different samples of wine.
- Snack plate with local cheese and olives alongside wine-tastings.
- Mini wine-tasting tutorial of Greek wines.
- All taxes.
- All admissions and tasting fees.
this tour online!